Sunday, 30 December 2012
My wishes for 2013
- that expectant mothers aren't given coercive advice from adoption agencies.
- that expectant mothers are given counselling it's non biased and adoption isn't mentioned.
- that expectant mothers are encouraged to parent by family and friends.
- that mothers who were coerced into surrendering are believed / not accused of lying
- that people accept that mothers do regret decisions without insulting them and telling them they deserve what they get.
I could go on and I may do in later posts but fir now I am keeping it simply. I am also suffering being told that I should shut up about the dark side of adoption. For far too long people have tried to beat me down over telling my story as it doesn't 'help adoption'. I continually get told I am unhelpful, that I am rigid in my thoughts, I am a troll with multiple accounts on Yahoo, I am anti adoption, a liar and so on. My response is that it's good that I am upsetting people's view that adoption is wonderful. I live in the real world and I talk about my experiences. I have been educated by all sorts of people including adoptive parents. I am also a mother who was coerced, I have seen the damage adoption has done to my son, I have family members who have adopted internationally, cousins who are the internationally cousins, I have friends whom I love even though they don't realize that have adopted, foster carers, adoptees and formerly fostered adults. I haven't met a number of them and live in hope that I do